The Epinucleus provides a protective cushion for the capsular bag during Phaco Emulsification of the nucleus, thereby protecting the capsule from sharp edges of the phaco needle. Thus capsular injuries are more often encountered during removal of epinucleus rather than nuclear removal. The phaco needle provides an adequate aspiration port (3mm) but there are two disadvantages especially with aspiration of sticky/stubborn epinucleus.
- 1.The port is situated at the tip of the needle, thus in case of sudden gush of fluid, the posterior capsule can come in contact with the sharp edges of the aspiration port leading to capsular rent.
- 2.The epinucleus cannot be engaged into aspiration port of phaco needle by going inside the capsular bag. It has to be brought to the center for safe aspiration.
The I/A probe cannot be used for epinucleus removal because the port size is only 0.3mm and the epinucleus is too brittle to be aspirated through a small port. In an epinucleus aspiration probe the port size is large enough for epinucleus aspiration (1mm). It is situated away from the tip which helps in safe aspiration of even the toughest of epinucleus very easily. A very handy instrument to avoid tricky situation in phacoemulsification.
- Preset vacuum and flow rate setting same as for I/A procedure.
- Compatible with all phaco machine tubing.
- Titanium Body.
- Delivery: FOB + Freight
- Payment: Advance
- Port of Dispatch: Mumbai
- Delivery Time: 5 to 7 Days
- Place of Origin of Goods: India
- Packaging: Export Quality Corrugated Box
- Currency: US $
Do You Have Any Question ?
* required fields